Recommended Restaurants near the Raleigh Convention Center
For more options, visit the Visit Raleigh websites. All locations below within a 15 minute walk of the Convention Center.
The conference hotels (Raleigh Marriott City Center, Sheraton Raleigh Hotel) and the main conference venue (Raleigh Convention Center) are all adjacent to each other. Distances below are from the Convention Center. These items below are a recommended list of venues. Additional resources are provided for each category below.
GRAB & GO (6 min walk or less, ordered from closest to farthest)
- Z Pizza – to go, or sit down gourmet pizza, salads, subs (menu) $, GF, V, VG,????
- Happy and Hale – healthy variety of salads and smoothies (menu, 443 Fayetteville St) $$, GF, V, VG
- Jimmy John’s – regional sub chain (menu, 437 Fayetteville St) $, V, VG
- Shish Kabob – Mediterranean eatery with kebabs & gyros (menu, 438 Fayetteville St) $, V, VG
- Fire Wok – Asian faire, including sushi (menu, 442 Fayetteville St) $, V
- Chick-fil-A – Fast food restaurant serving chicken sandwiches with salads and sides (menu, 400 Fayetteville St) $
- Subway – Build your own subs and salads (menu, 234 Fayetteville St) $, V, VG
- Chuck’s – Gourmet burgers (menu, 237 S. Wilmington St) $$, V, ????,
- Fiction Kitchen – vegan restaurant, best vegetarian BBQ and ‘chicken’ & waffles! (menu, 428 S Dawson St) $$, GF, V, VG,????,????
- Garland – Eclectic Indian & Pan-Asian w/ craft cocktails; Closed Sun, Mon (menu, 14 W Martin St, Raleigh) $$, GF, V, VG,????,????
- Centro – Local, organic Mexican cuisine, craft tequila cocktails; Closed Sun (menu, 106 S Wilmington St) $$, GF, V
- Poole’s Diner – Retro-chic update of venerable diner (menu, 426 S McDowell St) $$, GF, V, VG,????,????
- Beasley’s Chicken + Honey – Updated takes on classic Southern dishes (menu, 237 S Wilmington St) $$, V,????
- Sitti – Lebanese dishes served at a communal table with art deco bar (menu, 137 S Wilmington St) $$, V, VG, ????
- Clyde Cooper’s BBQ – Informal, Carolina-style BBQ since 1938 – Closed Sun (menu, 327 S Wilmington St) $
- Remedy Diner – Alternative diner serving vegetarian and vegan-friendly comfort food (menu, 137 E Hargett St) $$, GF, V, VG, ????
- Gravy – Updated Italian-American fare with local ingredients (menu, 135 S Wilmington St) $$, V, GF, ????
- 42nd Street Oyster Bar – Raleigh landmark, seafood, raw bar, live music (menu, 508 W Jones St) $$, GF,????
- Raleigh Times – American pub grub, Belgian beers, microbrews (menu, 14 E Hargett St) $$, V, ????, ????
- Bida Manda – Hip, modern Laotian fare and cocktails (menu, 222 S Blount St) $$, ????
- Boylan Bridge Brewpub – House craft beers, updated American pub grub, city skyline views (menu, 201 S Boylan Ave) $$, GF, V, VG,????, ????
- Buku – Global street food, mix and match, local ingredients, (menu, 110 E Davie St) $, GF, V, VG,????, ????
- Flying Saucer Draught Emporium – pub faire with >100 beers on tap (menu, 328 W Morgan St) $, GF, V,????
- State of Beer – Beer, gourmet sandwiches, salads (menu, 401 Hillsborough St) $$, V,????, ????
$, $$, or $$$ = Relative Cost
???? = Dinner Only
GF = Gluten Free
V = Vegetarian
VG = Vegan
???? = Draft Beer
???? = Microbrewery (see full list of nearby microbreweries & pubs here)
???? = Wine
- Starbucks – coffeehouse chain known for its signature roasts, light bites, and WiFi (menu, in Marriot) $$
- Café De Los Muertos – Day of the Dead theme, carefully sourced beans, baked goods, WiFi (menu, 300 W Hargett St) $
- Joule Coffee – Casual café and bar, artisanal plates, cheeses, roasted beets, industrial setting (menu, 223 S Wilmington St) $$, V,????
- LucetteGrace – Coffee, pastries, sandwiches (menu, 235 S Salisbury St) $$
- Crema – specialty coffee, ice cream, frozen yogurt, soups, sandwiches, chocolate shop (menu, 421 Fayetteville St) $
Rx = Pharmacy