The Wildlife Society actively encourages the sharing of your conference experience via social media. With over 1,000 educational opportunities and events planned for Baltimore, social media provides the perfect forum to reflect on sessions, connect with others, brainstorm new ideas, discover new topics, share your expertise, and increase public awareness of wildlife science and its applications.
To promote a safe and positive environment for everyone, TWS has established a social media policy for #TWS2024:
- Conference attendees are expected to abide by TWS’ Guidelines for Professional Behavior both online and in-person. All those engaging on social media are asked to maintain respect, courtesy, inclusivity, and support in their conduct to ensure a safe, hospitable, and productive environment for all. Let’s make room for many voices. Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form will not be tolerated by The Wildlife Society.
- TWS encourages presenters to include social media handles and/or hashtags in their presentation or poster if they welcome sharing via social media. Please request permission from a presenters and/or attendees featured in your post prior to sharing.
- Please give proper credit to any presenters/researchers whose presentation and/or research is featured in your posts.
- Consider including the conference hashtag #TWS2024 in your social media posts so conference attendees may stay up-to-date on the latest educational and networking content for that day.
- Lastly, have fun! In addition to sharing your research, we encourage you to share pictures of your conference adventures with friends and colleagues. Tag us on Facebook, X (formerly known as Twitter), and Instagram and use the hashtag #TWS2024.
Anyone may participate in conversations on TWS’ social media channels, but must abide by the community guidelines for each platform:
- Instagram Community Guidelines
- Facebook Community Standards
- X Rules and Policies, including The X Rules
While we aim to leave comments as posted, TWS reserves the right to remove any posts or comments that we feel violate any of the aforementioned policies at our sole discretion.
Thank you in advance to everyone for following these guidelines and for helping us to maintain a welcoming environment for all. We look forward to seeing your thoughts and discussion online.